Our Annual Fiction Contest accepts submissions by mail and online from June 1st through November 15th each year.
The winner will be announced by March 15th, 2014. The judges of the Sixth Annual Fiction Contest are Victor LaValle and Emily Raboteau.
Please review the Eligibility, Guidelines, and FAQ before entering the contest.
- Domestic airfare (up to $500) and French Quarter accommodations to attend the next Festival in New Orleans
- VIP All-Access Festival pass for the next Festival ($500 value)
- Public reading at a literary panel at the next Festival
- Publication in Louisiana Literature
Top Ten Finalists Prize
- Top ten finalists will receive a panel pass ($75 value) to the next Festival.
- This contest is open only to writers who have not yet published a book of fiction. Published books include self-published books with ISBN numbers. Those who have published books in other genres besides fiction remain eligible.
- Only previously unpublished stories will be accepted.
- Stories that won this contest in previous years are ineligible; their authors remain eligible but must submit new work.
- Stories submitted to this contest in previous years that did not place are eligible.
- Stories that have won and/or placed in any other writing contest are ineligible.
- Stories by United States and international writers are accepted.