Our Annual Fiction Contest accepts submissions by mail and online from June 25th, 2014 through 5pm CST November 16th, 2014.
The winner will be announced before the beginning of each Festival.
- Domestic airfare (up to $500) and French Quarter accommodations to attend the next Festival in New Orleans
- VIP All-Access Festival pass for the next Festival ($500 value)
- Public reading at a literary panel at the next Festival
- Publication in Louisiana Cultural Vistas magazine
Top Ten Finalists Prize
- Top ten finalists will receive a panel pass ($75 value) to the next Festival.
- This contest is open only to writers who have not yet published a book of fiction. Published books include self-published books with ISBN numbers. Those who have published books in other genres besides fiction remain eligible.
- Only previously unpublished stories will be accepted.
- Stories that won this contest in previous years are ineligible; their authors remain eligible but must submit new work.
- Stories submitted to this contest in previous years that did not place are eligible.
- Stories that have won and/or placed in any other writing contest are ineligible.
- Stories by United States and international writers are accepted.
- Please make sure your manuscript satisfies our Guidelines
Online Entry (June 25th, 2014-5pm CST November 16th, 2014). Online submissions are preferred and must be in .doc, .docx, .rtf, or PDF formats. We accept entry fees via Discover, MasterCard, and Visa only.
Mail Entry (June 25th, 2014-5pm CST November 16th, 2014). Send your manuscript and check or money order for $25 (made out to the: Tennessee Williams Literary Festival) to:
Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival
938 Lafayette Street, Suite 514
New Orleans, LA 70113
Do not send submissions by certified mail or signature required delivery.