Our Annual One-Act Play Contest accepts submissions by mail and online from June 1st through November 1st each year. The winner will be announced by March 1, 2014. The contest is judged by University of New Orleans’ Creative Writing Workshop and the Department of Film, Theatre, and Communication Arts.
- Staged reading at the next Festival
- Full production at the Festival the following year
- VIP All-Access Festival pass for two years ($1,000 value)
- Publication in Bayou
Top Ten Finalists
- Names will appear on website. Finalists will also receive a panel pass ($75 value) to attend the next Festival.
- Plays must not have been previously produced, published, or performed, including in a formal staged reading.
- “Workshopped” readings are accepted provided that the audience was limited to participants of that workshop.
- Students and faculty of the University of New Orleans FTCA and Creative Writing Workshop are ineligible.
- Plays that won this contest in previous years are ineligible; their authors remain eligible but must submit new work.
- Plays submitted to this contest in previous years that did not win are eligible.
- Plays that have won or placed in any other playwriting contest are ineligible.
- Plays from United States and international playwrights are accepted.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted; please notify the Festival if your play is accepted elsewhere.